HR Transactional Team Leader
Full Time office based – 37.5 hrs per week
Our client is a large independent organisation in the facilities management industry. They have huge company expansion strategies in place to succeed over the next few years and are looking for the ideal to come in and be part of that journey. Managing a small team of 4 x HR Administrators this role is curial to the compliance of the business. Broken down into DHS checks, references, vetting, HR Inbox, setting up cases. They are looking for someone who has managed a team in the past who is ready for their next challenge in a hands on role.
Working hours: 9am-5pm Mon-Fri
The main purpose of this role:
To lead a team of 4 x HR Admin’s and manage the successful delivery of HR Transactional Shared Service support for the HR team – specifically Vetting, DBS & HR inboxes. Ensuring process and compliance in a timely and effective manner and contribute to the long‐term development of the business.
- Managing the Transactional team and to be accountable (both self and through a team) to deliver and support high volume admin duties
- Supporting and developing the team to deliver excellent outputs and support with the delivery of a fully competent HR Shared Service function
- Successful delivery of the HR Transactional Shared Service support broken down into;
- Vetting – varied and includes BS7858 security standard
- HR Inbox – general HR admin organisation (to facilitate the movement, control and logging of cases) to meet SLA’s
- To manage delivery of the above areas of responsibility (managing the team via their individual job descriptions) ensuring compliance with Client, Industry and legislative requirements.
- To take a hands on approach involving completion of the tasks in all areas to support the team as required
- Ensuring delivery of outputs, in a timely and effective manner meeting agreed and established KPI’s and other metrics. For Security vetting this includes adherence to BS7858 Regulations.
- Ensure any ad-hoc requests (of a complex nature) are delivered as requested, keeping the Head of HR updated on progress.
- Provide training and hands on support to the team members as and when required.
- Ensure process are streamlined and updated as and when required (keeping up to date with legislative changes) – ensuring sign off from the HR Director/Head of HR before implementing.
- Ensure records for each area are maintained regularly.
- Prepare and populate board reports for the specific areas on a monthly basis.
- High level influencing to implement great commercial and robust working practices that improve the team and business performance
- Any other reasonable task as required.
- Solutions and detailed approach
- Communicates well both in writing and verbally
- Enjoys and is able to work as part of a small team
- Flexible approach to work
- Methodical approach with an ability to work under pressure
- Uses own initiative and can work independently
- Takes responsibility for own work
- Excellent presentational skills for all correspondence, letters, presentations and data
- Pays attention to detail
- Understands and implements processes
- Makes good use of the opportunities to develop within the role
- Builds appropriate professional, friendly and accessible relationships with employees and line managers
- Resilient and able to work in an organisation that is undergoing change due to development and growth.
- Demonstrates initiative and influences change
- Positive & motivating
- Advanced level Computer capability to effectively use Microsoft Office package and databases to a high standard
- Previous team management or supervisory experience
- Experience with HR Compliance
Salary & Package:
- Personal support
- Learning / training / development
- Aspirations / career paths
- Lifestyle schemes / ‘work-life’ balance
- Additional incentives / benefits
- Awards / recognition
Our client is looking to conduct a 2 stage interview process, with the view for the right candidate to then start as soon as possible.
Please contact Zoe Bellenger on Zoebellenger@major-recruitment.com for a confidential chat.
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities.