A new exciting opportunity has just become available. This is a senior role and successful candidate will be reporting to the Ops Manager and working alongside all Departments including Operations, Engineering, Technical.
Main responsibilities involve: promoting and implementing procedures and communication tools to improve clients’ Environmental, Sustainability and Health & Safety performance.
You will drive compliance with legislation and HSS awareness to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries, with a continuous-improvement approach to all areas of responsibility.
Successful candidate will ensure that all members of the workforce recognise their own contribution to improve environmental and HSS performance and awareness.
This role involves holding regular meetings with management and employee representatives and provide regular updates on progress and improvements.
You will also be responsible for maintaining KPIs and legal requirements on site and liaising with the relevant enforcement authorities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* H&S within a manufacturing environment – ideally FMCG / food
* Implementing, promoting and maintaining environmental and H&S management systems/awareness;
* Environmental and H&S management reporting;
* Dealing with external authorities
* CDM regulations
* Permitting Regulations
* Strong organisation skills
* Excellent communication skills
* IT literate
* NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
* Grad IOSH membership or working towards
* IEMA Associate membership
* IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management/equivalent
BPSS are an agency recruiting for this perm role.