To maintain the cleanliness of the mill equipment, and facilities as required.
Operate in a safe manner ensuring that no one is placed at risk of accident or injury during the performing of cleaning and hygiene duties
- Safely isolate and lock off equipment as required.
- Perform cleaning and hygiene duties according to cleaning schedules, cleaning procedures and / or as otherwise advised.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions accurately.
- Identify and report any safety, quality, engineering or hygiene issues to superiors – particularly if there is the possibility of injury, food safety or equipment reliability issues or risk of dust in the environment
- Identify and report any pest or proofing issues that may result in the immediate (or otherwise) ingress of insects or other pests into the product
- Identify and report any potential foreign body or cross contamination
- Safely dismantle, store parts and reassemble equipment as directed by procedures or verbal instruction
- Clean equipment within the time allocated and to the required standard – which may be assessed by others.
- Respecting others’ working areas
- Respecting good manufacturing and housekeeping practices
- Handle approved chemicals in a safe manner, ensuring splashing and inadvertent contact is minimised to yourself and others
- Handle equipment, utensils, and record sheets with respect
- Always return equipment, utensils and record sheets to the correct location / stations or as otherwise advised
- When undertaking hygiene /other duties – wear the correct (and appropriate) PPE at all times
- Notify your line manager of any potential Health & Safety issues.
- The areas of responsibilities contained within this job description is not exhaustive and an employee may be asked to do other duties in line with the needs of the business
- Experience in similar role – food related background
- Level 2 Food Safety / HACCP trained
- COSSH trained
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A good time keeper
- Attention to details
- Able to work on own or as part of a team
- Well organised
- Detailed knowledge of the safe use of chemicals and chemical warning symbols