INDIRECT TAX MANAGER
UP TO £60,000 + 15% BONUS
COLESHILL, WARWICKSHIRE (HYBRID)
FULL TIME, PERMANENT
Hamilton Woods Associates are currently recruiting a great opportunity for an Indirect Tax Manager to join their clients services division. As the Indirect Tax Manager, you will ensure that filings are both robust and technically accurate, and to review and implement process and tax efficiency savings across VAT & Construction Industry Scheme withholding tax.
The Indirect Tax Manager will be responsible for the preparation of the Partial Exemption Special Method and Annual Adjustments across the group, and technical review of VAT returns, escalating complex issues, feeding into the VAT compliance process. The Indirect Tax Manager will also ensure that the VAT and CIS reconciliations are reviewed monthly and outstanding items are followed up by the team periodically and meeting with the various business units across the Group on quarterly basis to discuss current issues and resolve reconciling items.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting the Group Tax Director and the Senior Tax Manager to advise on VAT and SDLT implications on various land acquisitions
- Supporting the Senior Tax Manager to advise the business units across the Group on tax related matters
- Responsible for the preparation of the Partial Exemption Special Method and Annual Adjustments across the group
- Responsible for technical review of VAT returns, escalating complex issues, feeding into the VAT compliance process
- Responsible for ensuring that the VAT and CIS reconciliations are reviewed monthly and outstanding items are followed up by the team periodically
- Responsible for meeting with the various business units across the Group on quarterly basis to discuss current issues and resolve reconciling items
- In collaboration with the Senior Tax Manager, ensuring that accounting systems and processes are up to date from a tax technical perspective.
- Supporting Group Tax Director with HMRC and external auditor queries
- Ownership for preparation of HMRC filing disclosures
- SAO assurance processes across the VAT and CIS
- Management of the Group VAT and CIS Registrations, options to tax and ownership of internal tax registrations database, ensure it is complete, up to date and accurate at all times
- Provide management, development and mentoring to the 4 Tax Assistants
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- CTA qualified or equivalent (ACA, ACCA) with several years’ experience in an Indirect Tax role.
- Indirect Tax advisory experience in relation to Land and Property. Knowledge of other taxes such as SDLT and/or Employment Taxes would be a bonus but not essential.
- You will have proven post-qualification experience preferably in practice but will consider individuals from Industry
- A good knowledge and understanding of tax risk and controls
If you would like to apply for the Indirect Tax Manager position, please get in contact with your CV and current package details to email@example.com