Internal Auditor (Local Government)
£26,752 – £29,845 (DOE)
Hamilton Woods Associates are searching for an Internal Auditor for a Local Authority based in Worcestershire. We have been instructed by this public sector organisation to support with providing outstanding Audit professionals either Qualified or Part Qualified.
As an Internal Auditor, you will use your specialist, technical and professional knowledge to help deliver a high quality customer service and ensure the council can meet its relevant statutory obligations in accordance with relevant legislation, codes of practice and other regulatory bodies.
- Undertake and report on a wide range of audits, consultancy reviews, special and fraud investigations, for delivery within defined budgets and target deadlines.
- Develop the audit objectives and testing plans, lead and ensure best practice is consistently applied for audit reviews, with significant autonomy over working arrangements
- Through maintenance of professional relationships and negotiation with management personnel, secure appropriate responses to audit challenges and recommendations from partners/ clients and escalate contentious issues.
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Institute of Internal Auditors, CCAB or equivalent (Part/Fully Qualified)
- Local Government experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Good ICT skills
If you would like to apply for this Internal Auditor role, please get in contact with your CV attached to firstname.lastname@example.org