IT Technical Analyst
This is an opportunity for an IT Technical Analyst based at office located in Bolton, Lancashire. Here you will find our central IT department and key business functions that enable our sites and depots to make our great quality products.
This is a 3-month interim contract.
We are looking for a professional IT specialist with relevant experience to join our team. The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic attitude and work ethic.
The role will be based at our office. The role itself involves supporting and maintaining the IT Infrastructure to ensure that it is available 24×7 to support the business. As part of the role there is also a requirement to provide day to day IT support to 2,500 users across 28 sites via telephone, remote connectivity, face to face or email.
Hours – 37.5hrs per week
Times – 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
Pay – £17ph
- Preferred MCSA, or MCSE or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong technical skills including the configuration and user administration of: Windows Server 2012R2 – 2022, Active Directory environment with in-depth knowledge of group policy,
- Experience of:
- Managing virtualised hosting environments including VMWare & Hyper-V, (Essential)
- Managing firewalls and network switches (Essential)
- Using the following systems: Active Directory, Office 365, Citrix XenApp, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft EndPoint Manager, Azure, Sophos AV, Meraki Wireless or equivalent (Essential)
- Experience in troubleshooting general & network related faults (including support of DNS / DHCP) (Essential)
- ITIL qualification or experience (Desirable)
Key accountabilities include:
- Investigating and resolving problems and providing information about the systems and infrastructure.
- Monitor and maintain the network and server infrastructure and identify any errors or faults.
- Providing advice or training to users about an application’s functionality, correct operation or constraints, by devising workarounds, correcting faults, making general or site-specific modifications, updating system documentation, manipulating data, or defining enhancements
- Developing an understanding of IT systems used within the business
- The resolution of incidents and problems including documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies.
- Perform proactive monitoring and raise improvement suggestions
- Highlight and implement process and system improvements
- Integrate new or enhanced products and services into the business including input into the design of Hardware, Network and Security elements
- Maintaining and updating various systems / roll-out / upgrades / implementations
- Project involvement
- A background in IT support at Level 3
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate initiative
- A willingness to learn and expand IT skills, competence and professionalism
- An enhanced awareness of software and what can be achieved using different products.
- Ability to analyse and interpret information effectively, identifying and resolving discrepancies
- Prioritises and manages own workload to ensure tasks are delivered against stated deadlines.
- Is able to work within a team to help deliver common objectives.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, coupled with outstanding attention to detail
- Uses judgment to refer decisions to higher authority where appropriate.
- Good communications skills in English – both written and verbal is essential.