Lead Maths Teacher
Location: Cranborne, Dorset
Salary: £40,625.00 – £42,131.00 (UPS 1-2), plus £1,500.00 leadership allowance.
School Staffing Solutions are recruiting on behalf of a school where they believe in giving young people, ages 11-16, the tools and opportunities to create the lives they want for themselves. With high-quality teaching, an excellent level of individual support and a range of expert-led, integrated therapy, they support all of their young people who have a range of needs including Autism and other associated conditions. They take advantage of their beautiful setting to inspire and create fun experiences to enhance learning and progress.
What’s on offer?
Be part of a successful team and benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Life assurance
- Teachers’ Pension
- Full training and continued support
- Perkbox – offering high street discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Car lease scheme
- Fully funded training and qualifications
- Staff wellbeing programme involving social events throughout the year
- Bike to work scheme
- Free parking
- Free membership to our Health cash back plan – Claim back money on services such as dental, optical, physio and many more.
The main purpose of the role:
Required for September 2023, a dynamic, well-qualified and committed Lead Practitioner to join the Maths teaching team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the growing school and an excellent preparation for future senior leadership positions. We would also welcome applications from candidates who feel they have the qualities of an emerging Lead Practitioner.
The school is a specialist SEN school where pupils achieve well and are part of a strong and caring community, the school was recognised by Ofsted in January 2020 when they stated, “Staff cherish pupils in this little school. There are warm and caring relationships, which ensure a calm learning environment. Pupils enjoy their lessons. They like spending time relaxing in the abundant gardens of the college. Pupils improve their physical and emotional health through working with the school dogs and playing with Dave, the hamster. These activities are particularly effective for supporting the pupils who have complex medical and special educational needs and/or disabilities”.
Successful candidate qualities:
- Essential: PGCE, QTS/QTLS, Level 5 diploma or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
- To be able to teach Entry level 2 & 3, Functional Skills Level 1 & 2 and GCSEs in Maths
- Desirable: Experience of working in a school environment, ideally in specialist education.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good teaching and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective skills in planning, preparation, recording and reviewing students’ progress.
- Good IT skills and understand of how IT can be used to support learning.
- Ability to remain calm and reflective when working in a challenging environment.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, be well organised, prioritise effectively and achieve results against deadlines.
- Ability to engage students in positive enabling relationships
If you are interested in this role please apply today!
“School Staffing Solutions act as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent roles and as an Employment Business for temporary opportunities”.