Legal Cashier/Accounts Assistant
Stockton on Tees
£22,000 – £25,000
Full Time – Permanent
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a candidate, ideally with some accounts/Legal Cashier experience to join one of the longest established law firms in the North East of England. The role will involve a wide range of accounting and ad-hoc administration tasks.
This role is varied, with the opportunity to learn all aspects of the finance function which is a great platform, to use to really excel into a finance professional role. Full training will be provided along with supervision and support when needed. Joining a small team of 4 who are super friendly, very supportive and looking forward to having a 5th member of the team, all reporting into the Head of Finance.
This Legal Cashier/Accounts assistant role is an excellent entry point into an ambitious and friendly organisation with an excellent opportunity to develop and acquire new skills.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining sales and purchase ledger
- Processing day to day transactions
- Posting Client and Office Bank statements
- Providing support to all departments
- Bank reconciliations
- Adhering to Solicitor Accounting Rules
- Archiving and general administration duties
- Audit and general control reviews
- Holiday cover for Credit control and Purchase Ledger
Ideal candidates for this role must have the following skills and experience:
- Comes from a background in accounting/finance, ideally experienced within the legal accounting sector. We will consider applications from candidates that are working towards Level 2 AAT
- Excellent communicative ability with an outgoing personality
- Strong analytical, numerical and reconciliation skills
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Proactive with a willingness to take on new challenges
- Articulate with a strong eye for detail
- Ability to pick things up quickly whilst maintaining accuracy
Salary & Package:
- £22,000-£25,000 – based on experience
- Flexible working – WFH days here and there
- 25 days holidays & Long service & Bonus Holiday Pay Pack & Holiday Purchase
- Pension – 5% from the employee and 3% from them
- Free eye tests
- Free car parking on site
- If you are buying or selling your primary residence, they will handle the legal side for you free of charge. You will only need pay the disbursements.
- Friends and Family Discount – 10% on all personal law services.
- Free Wills for employees
- AND plenty more!
Our client will be looking to conduct interviews as early as next week with a view for the right candidate to start as soon as possible.
Please contact Zoe Bellenger on Zoebellenger@major-recruitment.com for a confidential chat.