We are recruiting for – Machine Operators!
Major Recruitment are pleased to be with one of the fastest growing seafood producers in Norfolk.
We are recruitng a number of machine Operators for their site in Melton Constable NR24 2BT to work either of the following shifts:-
4 on / 4 off rotation
hours of work – 06.00 – 18.00
- Report to the Production Supervisor
- To coordinate and work closely with the factory team leader and Supervisor
- Responsible for key production tasks, minding the production line and operating production machines for the area in which you are working.
- To be fully conversant and skilled in running all production lines, for which will provide the necessary training.
- This will include the direct supervision of the other operatives on the production line you are the machine operator for, and for the completion of process control paperwork for the line.
- Making sure that the lot details of the raw materials, whether it be packaging or ingredients, are correct against the BOM instruction for each packing job in that factory unit; and that the line uses the correct materials accordingly. Stopping the line and investigating where this does not tally.
- Completing the BOM paperwork accurately, recording the usage, wastage and returns of each packing job on the BOM report.
- Entering the final completed quantity of each job on the BOM report, and reconciling this with what is transferred and received at the cold store/despatch.
- Making sure that part used ingredients in the factory unit are labelled with their lot details and traceability / identification is not lost.
- Responsible for the progress, smooth and efficient running of the day to day operation of the line, improving operating performance to pan +95%, helping to improve efficiencies and maintain operational capacity in line with planning and ensuring good communication between the other team members within the business.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the necessary GMP, SOP’s for your line’s production and this is produced in accordance with Health and Safety procedures.
- Be expected to provide cover for other roles within the business’ production manning for time to time as required.
- This list is not exhaustive.
- Previous experience of working as a Machine Operator, Ideally within a food manufacturing environment.
- You will be expected to converse well in English both verbally and in writing
- Be computer literate.