QUALIFIED MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN/MECHANICAL FITTER
MONDAY TO FRIDAY
37 HOURS PER WEEK
£33,000 PER ANNUM
I am working with a family-owned business that manufacture and supply internationally a unique range of Geotextile products to clients ranging from the construction industry to coastal and river defences.
This role is suited to someone who has good experience in working within the manufacturing industry due to the machinery used to manufacture the products.
As a Maintenance Electrician/Mechanical fitter your role and responsibilities will be to
- Help the site manager maintain and improve physical security.
- Ensure that the infrastructure assets comply with H&S policies and procedures.
- Achieve excellence in all aspects of housekeeping across the site.
- Ensure all machines run to their maximum potential.
- On call for machine breakdown.
You will be required to oversee the infrastructure and assets by way of
- Controlling the engineering and electrical projects to ensure delivery on time.
- Ensuring that all equipment is available and complies with H&S standards.
- Propose any improvements required plans and budgets for Machinery replacement or improvements.
- Instill preventative maintenance programs.
- Apply recovery maintenance to fix breakdowns.
- Recommend any improvements to ensure the company is fully compliant with the relevant external standards.
- Co-operation and communication with the site manager.
- Monitoring and reporting on infrastructure assets.
- Make recommendations on compliance and improvements.
- Liaison with technical and product development programs to ensure operational feasibility.
Qualifications and education requirements
Apprentice trained electrician with industrial maintenance background.
Computer and I.T skills
Health and safety qualification
Major Recruitment is Acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this permanent role.