Our prestigious client in Much Wenlock requires a maintenance/handy person.
This position is temp to perm for the right candidate.
£11.50/£12.00ph depending on experience and is 30 hours per week spread over at least 4 days.
May suit semi-retired/retired candidate.
Must be a driver due to rural location.
Requirements of a maintenance/handy man:
- Inspecting machinery, equipment, buildings, systems, including lighting ventilation, air conditioning and LEV equipment
- Performing routine cleaning and sanitising when necessary, including specialist cleaning of delicate or high- value items such as safety equipment and motors etc
- Completing small repairs, including by not limited to fixing locks, leaky taps, broken windows, painting.
- Checking and maintaining safety equipment such as fire alarms, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors
- Performing grounds maintenance such as mowing lawns, trimming bushes, salting paths, and replacing exterior light bulbs
- Inspecting and troubleshooting problems and issues reported by management or colleagues.
- Carefully read equipment manuals and interpret them to understand how to operate and maintain machinery properly and efficiently.
- Inspect newly acquired equipment upon arrival, checking every part to be sure that they are working and meet up with industry standards before they are implemented into use in the factory.
- Strictly abide by safety regulations during but not limited to manufacturing activities, keeping equipment in check to avoid mechanical hazards that could cause harm to operators and workers.
- Carry out routine servicing of equipment as part of measures to prevent breakdowns and malfunctions, which could hazard productivity of the department.
- Keep record of maintenance activities to track the lifespan of equipment. When equipment breakdown becomes frequent despite repairs, it will need to be replaced.
- Trouble shoot equipment to determine specific malfunctioning issues and tackle them accordingly.
- Communicate with management to inform them about equipment faults and best maintenance techniques to implement for maximum performance.
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repair of machinery