Role: Management Accountant
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will play a crucial role in understanding and driving the profitability of the business.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ownership of the management reporting process to deliver adequate controls and accuracy, and timely and relevant management information.
- Month end process including ledger reviews, accruals and prepayments and P&L creation, as well as balance sheet reconciliations and preparation and presentation of commentary for post month end business reviews
- Accountable for fixed asset and asset under construction accounting for the agriculture business unit
- Delivery of concise and clear analysis of drivers of performance
- Responsible for in year forecasting and annual budgeting
- Responsible for working with business unit stakeholders to complete appraisals on proposed investments, forecast potential capex accurately, and ensure proper approvals and tracking of spend is undertaken
- Embedding of transformation in the agriculture teams and finance to achieve the above through the development of people, systems and processes.
- Driving of new initiatives to achieve continuous improvement and allow finance to keep pace with the growth of the business
- Comfortable working in a fast moving and sometimes unstructured environment, and handling requests from the business often at short notice.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), or qualified by experience
- Experience working in the farming industry is helpful but not essential
- A proven desire to learn and succeed, and an ability to quickly build relationships with your stakeholders and assimilate a lot of new information
- Confident in working with business stakeholders in agriculture and across the business, and an understanding of how to present with clarity
- Able to demonstrate good financial modelling and analytical expertise
BPSS are a recruitment agency working on this new perm role.