Major Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our client in Morpeth on a permanent basis.
A world leader in bespoke design and manufacturing of vehicle safety components. Established over 60 years across different 6 different countries.
This role will be based at the UK operations in Morpeth, Northumberland. The role responsibilities involve control and development of all aspects of Manufacturing and Quality Engineering as they relate to internal operations and its products. Small but efficient workforce of 25 employees in total.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer who has a passion for tools, and quality systems. Creating a diverse array of responsibilities within the role.
- Salary £28,000-£35,000 per annum
- Permanent Position
- Full time day shift- 37.5 hours per week
- Discretionary Annual bonus/Christmas bonus
- Company pension
- Free onsite parking
- Sociable and friendly team
- Achieve business plan targets with consideration to quality, cost, delivery, development, service, safety, and morale (QCDDSSM).
- Delivering Continuous Improvement in all aspects of manufacturing operations using lean manufacturing techniques, Industrial engineering, Line design, Factory Layouts, Hoshin Kanri and Genba Kanri. Ensuring compliance to latest industry directives, safety regulations and Law.
- Design and develop new manufacturing systems, processes, jigs & fixturing, considering the product and QCDDSSM requirements as well as customer needs and expectations.
- Highly effective use of CAD (3D Solidworks & 2D Draftsight) for all design activity.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of workplace risk assessments and in the continual management of company Health & Safety Management and COSHH.
- Become highly knowledgable in all technical aspects of CNC sewing, equipment and maintenance. Training will be given as necessary.
- Create and improve business documentation and procedures, including work instructions/SOP’s
- Control of Process Release and Safe launch Plans for NPI and new manufacturing processes.
- Work with purchasing and suppliers globally, to attain optimum value and manufacturability.
- Effective use of AQPQ, notebly; PFMEA, DVP&R and Control Plans in driving quality/product/process improvements.
- Establishment and Control of all Routers within the Oracle ERP system
- Provide technical support on customer visits and events with willingness to travel in the UK and abroad.
- Assist in the manufacture of timely prototypes and develop 3D printing capability.
- Coordination of all internal & external audit activity (Experience of ISO9001 and VDA 6.3 Parts & Process auditing is preferred)
- Key contribution towards development & maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Creation of QMS processes and procedures and assistance in policy creation and development.
- Control and monitoring of all quality data (including in-process testing) and KPI reporting.
- Improvement of Internal quality using RCA and developing effective and robust PCA.
- Promotion of PDCA, Poke Yoke, Continuous Improvement, 5S, latest Lean 6Sigma tools, techniques, and technology.
- Perform customer and supplier PPAP’s working in conjunction with the Engineering Manager
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
- HNC/D or Degree in an Engineering discipline (preferably Mechanical or Production)
- Minimum 2 years engineering experience in a manufacturing organisation (safety critical products preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proficient use of Solidworks 3D CAD, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Oracle ERP.
If you are interested in this role apply online now or call the Newcastle Branch.