Major Recruitment Oldbury are delighted to be partnering and recruiting for a highly professional engineering organisation in the Darlaston area who are seeking a Manufacturing/ Engineering Manager to start immediately.
A highly vital role within the organisation you will be part of their ongoing investment in business this new role will lead the CI , Manufacturing and Engineering disciplines with a hands on ethos to problem solving.
Duties and tasks will include:
- Responsible for the daily performance of our £8m t/o machining facility reporting in to the Group Ops Director ensuring the daily drumbeat is maintained whilst also achieving our group wide KPIs in Quality and Performance.
- Direct management of circa 40 personnel a mixture of direct and indirect across Eng , Manufacturing ( Shopfloor and Planning team ) , Quality and Warehousing
- Responsible for the development of our Continuous Improvement Program and installation of new investment such as Automation and 5 Axis Technology
- Management of the Engineering team with a focus on enhancing our RFT ethos and continuing our journey of increasing efficiency and maximising capacity headroom for additional growth.
- Identify opportunities for investment within the manufacturing division via diversification of equipment
- Preparing of monthly reports for the board of directors
Candidates welcome to apply for the role must have engineering management experience with direct knowledge of Grinding and CNC Machining processes, knowledge of aerospace would be preferable.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 07:30 am to 16:30 pm, Friday 08:00 – 13:00 pm, (39 hours per week)