My Telford based client is currently recruiting for a Materials Control Manager – this is a full time, permanent position.
Salary – competitive salary – dependant on experience
25 days + bank holidays
- Establishes sound procedures for sales orders through to works order completion and delegate these procedures accordingly.
- Ensure that the team are meeting relevant KPIs and conduct corrective actions to ensure adherence if required.
- Interface with brand material controllers and other stake holders on the planning and forecasting of customer orders to meet shipment deadlines.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and resolve any supply issues likely to impact the customer, quality, or cost.
- Escalate to the supply chain manager supply issues likely to impact the customer, quality, or cost.
- Ensure Purchase orders are raised in accordance with the demands and restrictions of the business.
- Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all material department functions.
- Assists with sourcing activity from time to time as directed by the Supply Chain Manager
- Through visual management tools provides daily KPIs report to the Supplier chain manager and formulate any corrective action plans to ensure daily targets are met.
- Any other activities deemed necessary to mee the demands of this role.
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a similar role.
- Demonstrable Track Record of leading a focussed and disciplined team in a fast-moving volume sales order environment.
- Experience of working with fully integrated ERP system essential – preferably with Opera and or Microsoft AX.
- Experience with the documentation required for the importation of goods.
- Higher level of education preferred – degree preferred but not essential
- Willingness to work as part of a strong team essential, embracing the need to collaborate, challenge and communicate with humility and emotional intelligence.
- To work with a strong bias for action and a desire to win.
Contact Alex at Major Recruitment for further information
We will carefully consider your application and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 3 working days. If you do not hear from us within this time, your details won’t be retained. If you’re not successful on this occasion please continue to apply to future roles we advertise.
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward. We are located in thriving Telford, and we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire, North Wales and Wolverhampton. Major Recruitment specialise in industrial, commercial, driving and technical recruitment.