Major Recruitment are currently seeking a materials team leader for our prestigious client in the Huddersfield HD8 area. This is a fantastic oportunity to join a fast growing company who are now looking for a team leader to join their materials team.
- Ensure the right products are available for the customer / production in the right place at the right time.
- Development of a long-term demand plan, increasing availability while reducing distribution costs with a focus on JIT supply.
- Lead and develop the materials team with support from the Facilities manager.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to all reports to develop a team culture with a can-do attitude.
- Responsibility for safety of all forklifts and vehicles (Daily checks, servicing, MOT
- Ongoing review current systems and practices, making strategic recommendations for improved processes, and distribution servicing.
- Review and ensure best practice in materials movement, Forklift, and vehicle utilisation ensuring the Yard and pedestrians is always safe.
- Direct the process and planning of inbound and outbound vehicle movement from Distribution centre to storage (avoiding costly delays).
- Lead and mentor the team with a ‘can do’ attitude, training and development of forklift drivers and vehicle drivers. At all times complying with H&S legislation and company policies.
- In winter ensure the Gritting procedure is followed and documented
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other duties assigned by their line manager from time to time. However, such duties must be reasonable in relation to the employees’ skills and abilities.
- Educated to a good basic standard with particular emphasis on numeracy
- Experience relating to loading and unloading HGVs.
- Possess a demonstrated track record in a haulage yard environment with experience of managing teams.
What you will be trained on
- Prioritisation of workload for direct reports and allocation of tasks to each driver
- Development of product/component knowledge
- Development of Lean supply chain between sites
- Development of efficient and accurate loading processes