A PCN qualified NDT Technician is sought by a Sunderland based Engineering company to provide NDT testing and inspections customer requirements and regulatory specifications.
Working closely with the Quality Manager and Production Manager you will have the following responsibilities
- Engage in product NDT inspection and quality improvement activities.
- Development of NDT inspection processes.
- Perform NDT inspection of sub-contract manufactured items.
- Provide NDT support to the Production department to ensure consistent product quality.
- Monitor NDT system, process and product performance and make. recommendations for improvements.
- Use of inspection and test equipment (physical, quality & visual inspection methods)
- Be fully experienced in non-destructive techniques – MPI and DP (Magnetic Particle & Dye Penetrant Inspection)
- Liaise with all company departments regarding NDT related matters.
- Maintenance of NDT equipment and required data for the company.
- Conducting NDT quality related investigations and audits.
- Ensure that responsibilities, with regard to the company’s NDT Standards are met and understood by all relevant production operatives.
- To compile and document all required NDT reports and supporting documentation.
The successful candidate will be a PCN qualified NDT Technician in MPI & DP techniques with ASNT certification an advantage. You will need a good knowledge of NDT control, assurance principles, quality improvement tools, metrology and inspection techniques and have the ability to produce quality work whilst working under pressure. Previous experience of working in a Mechanical/ Inspection environment is essential as is the ability to produce quality work whilst working under pressure with minimal supervision
This is a varied role for an expanding engineering company. Please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV if interested