What’s on offer for the Press Brake Operative?
- Pay up to £13.04 per hour after initial training
- Overtime available
- Free staff parking
- A 12 week temporary to permanent contract
- Staff canteen
- Retail discounts
- Gym Membership discounts
- 24/7 Medical advice
My Client is well established, industry leading Engineering company. Based in Country Durham, they have seen year on year success, with further growth plans for 2023. They offer a range of services from Design through to Manufacturing. This has given the company opportunities to service a multitude of sectors, with a diverse client base stretching across the globe. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Press Brake Operative to join their team on a Temporary to Permanent basis.
This opportunity gives a Press Brake Operative the chance to work with one of the most respected companies in the North-East. They offer not only an excellent package, but more importantly in todays world, job security.
The role will be to cover a 2-shift pattern 6am-2:30pm / 2:30pm-10:30pm Monday to Friday
*Please note that all candidates will join a day shift, Monday to Friday 8am-5pm for initial training**
Press Brake Operative Main Duties:
- Operating press brakes or any press machines.
- Ability to set and operator press brakes, this includes angle correction.
- Good understanding of engineering drawings, first angle and third angle.
- Ability to do first off & final checks using standard measuring equipment.
- Planning of workload based on common tooling setups/materials.
- Ensure received parts are bent / formed correctly to the Job Card.
- Ensure that machine parameters and tooling settings are correct
- Job Pack – Ensures that the parts relates with the Job Card.
- Check the thickness of the material against the job pack.
- Ensure that the correct material is selected as indicated on the Job Card and that its scratch and damage free.
Press Brake Operative Role Requirements:
- Experience of setting and operating Brake Press machines
- Solid Brake Press experience
- Knowledge and experience of working with fabricated products
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow a process
- Physically able to lift up to 20kg
- Flexibility with regards overtime when require
- Ability to work to fine tolerances
- Flexibility with regards to shifts and over-time