We are working with a well established Sheet Metal Fabrication Company looking for an experienced Press Shop Supervisor.
The successful candidate will have the skills and experience of working in a busy press shop as well as strong leadership and management skills.
- Target driven ability to meet deadlines
- Lead, develop and manage a team to deliver planned and budgeted standards to quality, time and cost
- Ensure movement of WIP
- Monitor team performance
- Ensure the safety and productively of employees assigned to designated shift
- Ensure security of facilities during designated shift hours
- Implementing Policies and Procedures
- Maintaining effective communication between management and employees
- To assist with inducting and training new employees
- To promote team morale
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment, the application of risk assessments, safe working practices and machine guarding.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Ability to motivate others to meet demands established by the schedule
- Effectively communicate with management and team members.
- Report issues and assist with resolutions
- Able to change tooling as and when required.
- Inspection of the parts produced by the team.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Identify and communicate improvements or processes/procedures identified during the performance.
- Prioritise groups to work plans and monitoring work schedules ensuring flexibility
- Compliance with all procedures and work instructions.
- Provide continued training support
- Customer awareness and communication of operational priorities.
- Support and manage employees on a day-to-day basis
- Responsible for Quality issues and Continuous improvement
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
- Supervisory and team leader skills with the ability to motivate, develop and supervise others.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Planning skills and ability to meet targets and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the power press regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of power presses, their operations, safety systems and working parameters.
Applicants must be:
Hold a City & Guilds.
Hold I.L.M Level 3 or 4.
Six sigma / lean management training.
This is a full time permanent role Monday to Thursday 8am – 5pm and Friday 8am – 12.30pm
£25,000 to £30,000 per annum