Process Development Manager – Food Industry
As a Process Development Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of process development, working alongside your peers, NPD, production, technical and procurement to bring new concepts to reality. You will be advising on production feasibility and assessing/improving existing capability.
With a focus on delivering for the customers, you will;
- Support the concept development stage, with particular emphasis on the feasibility and refinement of products before submission
- Own the delivery of all product launches from formal concept handover stage (post customer sign off) through to post launch review
- Manage EPD trial work, proactively suggesting solutions and improvements to the process and ensure operational, product development and technical teams and full engaged and committed to critical path delivery
- Support the concept team on innovation projects
- Identify and help implement operational improvements to existing processes
- Continuously look for process improvements that result in commercial benefit such as yield efficiencies and new processes that streamline the end-to-end process
What are we looking for?
- Have a strong background in food manufacturing experience within a process role or NPD role (in a smaller business, where NPD covers process as well)
- Be comfortable within a chilled manufacturing environment
- Strong personal organisation skills capable of initiating, prioritising and managing several projects simultaneously
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and influence others
- Attention to detail coupled with the ability to work at fast pace
- A strong blend of can do and right first time with a tenacity for problem solving
BPSS are a recruitment agency working on this new role.