My client, due to heavy investment and strong growth is seeking a Process Technologist.
- Working alongside Concept colleagues to maintain awareness of ongoing Concept projects
- Play an active part within the team ensuring tight management of critical paths on proposed concepts, managing them throughout the trialing process up to product launch and post launch review.
- Attend bakery pre-production and product launches and assist the production team to ensure a smooth transition
- Arrange and conduct bakery trials by liaising with the relevant areas ensuring that any existing and new raw materials and packaging are obtained, and the relevant paperwork and procedures are in place in advance of the trial.
- Conduct factory trials and organise post-trial outputs
- Through collaborative and cross functional working ensure all technical and food safety and legality data is in place and signed off for each product prior to launch.
- Ensure that new products and processes meet the anticipated margin requirements for the business
Skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of Food Manufacturing practices, ideally FMCG
- Understanding of HACCP application and considerations as well as GMP and hygiene systems (desirable)
- Basic understanding of microbiology and nutrition
- Understanding of customer concept to launch protocols
- HND/BSc, preferably Food Science (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work well under pressure
- Accurate, detailed and thorough approach
- Hands on can do approach whilst being able to problem on the spot by thinking outside the box
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Salary – DOE
- Hours – 8:30am-5pm
- Days – Monday to Friday
- Strong benefits package including Life Cover, Pension Contributions and Health Cover