Major Recruitment are currently seekinga product designer for our prestigious client based in the Halifax area where you will be required to assist with the design & product design requirements of our clients customers.
Our client is looking for either a grauduate/trainee product designer or a design manager.
General Duties will include but not limited to
Assist with the Project Group Design services:
- Product design fitted and loose furniture, across a variety of market sectors.
- Product design and development.
- Product testing and technical reviews.
- Concept design.
- Product sourcing.
- Product presentations.
- Value Engineering and alternate product sourcing.
- Space planning.
- Creating Bills of Materials and documentation for pricing.
- Creating Technical drawings.
- Assisting with 3d Renders, for products, and interiors.
- Furniture pack creation.
- Product costings and working with Estimators/supply chain to establish costs.
- Client meetings and client facing.
- Interior product design.
- Site surveys.
Assist with driving project-based designs:
- Take a design brief (for a project or product) and be technically knowledgeable and confident to design the ‘product’ from start to finish. Design to suit the brief given:
- Understand/interpret information provided by the client (internal or external to the business).
- Understand the Client’s brief and budget.
- Select items of furniture that the Client will want and can afford.
- Create new designs that cannot be found.
- Understand and work to deadlines as the project requires, necessary to deliver a successful ‘product’.
- Create a good working relationship with Clients.
- Ideally degree qualified.
- Passion for design, products, and interiors.
- Ability to deliver beautiful products at low costs.
- Ability to travel throughout the world.
- Ability to influence people at all levels.
- Excellent team player and self-motivated.
- A good communicator and able to liaise with a variety of people.
- Good time keeping.
- Able to manage their own workload with a keen eye for detail and check work.
- Proficient IT Skills, including the Microsoft office programs.
- Good level of CAD Skills, specifically Auto CAD, Solid Edge, Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design
Collate collections of furniture:
To create &/or find unique and beautiful ‘must have’ products (typically furniture, loose or fitted), that clients want to buy (ideally products that are our designs or exclusive to us).
Collate collections of furniture for Group companies to promote and sell.
Work with supply chain to make/develop products.
Be confident in dealing with suppliers to achieve best pricing.
Find beautiful furniture:
To have a passion for furniture design and design, creativity and innovation in general.
Visit furniture shows throughout the world for inspiration, knowledge, and up-coming trends.
Assess on-line the worldwide supply chain.
Provide commercial & technical documentation as required for items found.
Create a good working relationship with suppliers and manufacturers.
Must be able to travel worldwide.
Must be available to travel to Client sites and meetings as required.
Must be able to fly.
Must be able to drive.
A Competitive Basic Salary
25 Days Annual Leave
Sponsored Subscriptions & Memberships
Continual Professional & Occupational Training & Development
A Friendly Working Environment