Position: Production Fitter, Full-time
Reporting to: Fitting Team Leader
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8am to 4:30pm, Friday 8am to 2:30pm
Hourly Rate: £12.50 per hour, Overtime will be available with the expectation to be worked when required but with adequate notice provided.
Who are we?
We are the UK’s No1 Waste Handling Systems Provider.
What do we Manufacture?
Our Waste Products range from balers, both vertical and horizontal balers, static to portable compactors, food waste disposal units, waste transfer stations, material recycling facilities (MRF’s), bins and bin equipment and a variety of specialist bespoke waste handling systems supplied from its purpose-built factory in Preston.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Dynamic and quality focused individuals who can work well in a positive and proactive team environment, the role of a “Production Fitter” is an integral part of our final fitting team.
You would be carrying out duties such as:
- Fitting hydraulic cylinders whilst checking all measurements match engineering drawings to ensure the cylinders have been manufactured to a high standard.
- General mechanical engineering assembly/fitting
- Fault finding and replace hydraulic cylinders and pressure test.
- Pressure testing of hydraulic cylinders
- Final fitting duties our various waste recycling Bailers, Compactors, Power cubes products.
- Any other duties as and when directed from the fitting Team Leader
Job Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ Years’ experience within hydraulics – Essential.
- Assembly/fitting experience – Essential.
- Experience of working in an engineering environment- Essential
- Solid experience in the use of various hand tools associated with Hydraulics and general fitting.
- The ability to understand and read engineering drawings – Essential
- Team Player
- Good housekeeping & Health & Safety Orientated.
If you meet the criteria above and are looking for an exciting challenge and long-term employment, then please apply… they’re going place’s – be a part of the team!
If you are interested in this role submit your CV using the “apply” option below.
To follow up on your application please call Major Recruitment on 01254 920800.