Major Recruitment is representing a well known manufacturer based in Sowerby Bridge, due to Expansion, they are now seeking experienced Production Operators to join their team.
There are several positions available, Hours available are:
6-2 & 2-10 rotating, 2-10 fixed, 10-6 fixed, 4 on 4 off – days and nights.
£8.79 plus shift allowance dependant on shift. (20-30%)
The Main Job Function:
To ensure quality products are produced in the required quantity, on time, and at the lowest possible cost, in a manner in keeping with the Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures of the company.
- Ensure that output is in line with the production targets
- The extrusion of PTFE and or other materials
- Degreasing of hoses
- Inform the Team Leader of any quality problems, process problems, or machine breakdowns asap.
- Report any material or consumable shortages as soon as possible.
- Conduct periodic checks in accordance with relevant procedure and/or specification.
- Ensure correct number of consumables are available at each machine in accordance with the correct procedure and/or specification.
- Report any non-conformances to the Team Leader on duty.
- Record all machine stoppages and machine faults on the necessary documentation.
- Record all scrap on the necessary documentation.
- Ensure all procedures are followed correctly and without exception.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed at the correct time.
- Demonstrate ability to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrate ability to make decisions based on data available
- Work when required with your departmental manager and team members to identify, implement and drive actions for continuous improvement.
- Ensure the correct Quality controls and measurements are adhered to.
- Work in a safe manner, complying with Safety Health and Environmental standards in line with Company procedures
- Responsibility to ensure compliance with the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and Regulations made under that Act which are relevant to site activities.
- Ensuring compliance with the Company Safety, Health and Environmental Policies.
- Experience of working in production/manufacturing
- Must possess a positive working attitude
- Computer literate
- Detail focused attitude
- Must be a team player
- Lives within a commutable distance of Sowerby Bridge
- Ability to learn quickly
- Quality orientated
- Good level of numeracy and general education
- Ability to work well as part of team and communicate with other workers
- Ability and willingness to perform manual work
- Experience within similar manufacturing/extrusion/bioflex/braid roles advantageous
If you think you are a suitbale candidate for this position, please apply now or call Rebecca at Major Recruitment Huddersfield Today!