Major Recruitment are currently seeking a Project Designer for our client based in the Halifax area. Reproting to the Desgin manager/Technical director you will be required to assist with the successfull delivery of projects in design stage.
- Ability to communicate through hand drawing.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Confident telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to deal with tasks simultaneously.
- Experienced with a 3D Modelling software such as Solidedge, Inventor or Solidworks
- Enthusiastic and willingness to improve their professional development
- Ability to drive is beneficial
- Ability to drive as we operate UK wide sites
- Experience of Siemens Teamcenter
Duties to include but not limited to
- Interpret the concept designs and assess how best to meet the client’s vision with the materials within the project budget.
- Understand the limitations of what can be done with the various materials and raise with the design manager accordingly.
- Produce room models/plans which follow the quotation allowance produced as part of the tender.
- Produce 3D models efficiently and accurately, to a high level of detail for implementation onto the drawing management library.
- Produce technical drawings to enable manufacture of the various parts as needed by the projects and maintain the drawing revision history.
- Update the various drawing management documents to ensure quality control and the project status can be acquired quickly and assessed against deadlines.
- Produce BOQ’s and high-quality information for ease of procurement.
- Appreciate the impacts of clash analysis and provide cost effective solutions.
- Have a good understanding of the software used.
- Understand committed timescales and communicate effectively with management where required to allow them to be achieved.
- Interpret information provided by external organisations and communicate any impacts on our own remit
Competitive Basic Salary
20 Days Annual Leave
Sponsored Subscriptions & Memberships
Continual Professional & Occupational Training & Development
A Friendly Working Environment
Minimum 2:1 degree in a STEM or design related subject
Relevant experience within the furniture design sector