Major Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Major Projects Manager in the Building Control deperment for their client who is a well established group of companies specialising in insurance and warranty services
Hours of work – 8.30-5.00pm M-F
Location – London
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
* Taking responsibility for the assessment of building regulation applications for large high rise, nonresidential
and/or complex projects building control applications, acting as the primary contact for the client during the design phase including any design amendments during the construction phase.
* Ensure that Projects are checked and monitored with accuracy, ensuring that all statutory consultations
are completed in correct timescales and that adequate evidence has been provided for verification of the
* Contributing to the assessment of building regulation applications for other type of developments where
* Pre and post design negotiations with clients to ensure effective compliance with the Building
Regulations and technical issues.
* Assisting in the resolution, by persuasion, negotiation and formal proceedings, of problems relating to Initial Notices, design approvals, site work and final certificates.
* Examining detailed drawings and supplementary information in accordance with specified procedures and performance targets, for Building Control.
* To issue site and type approvals to clients promptly to specified standards and guidance.
* Advise/guide the industry and the public regarding Building Regulations, technical issues and company
* Promoting company services to existing and potential clients.
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able
- to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
If you are interested, please apply to this job ad asap!