Are you an experienced Quality Engineer with excellent attention to detail? Do you experience within the automotive industry?
Major Recruitment are working in partnership with Polytec, a leading automotive manufacturer to recruit Quality Engineer on a permanent basis to join their Quality Team based in Telford.
Working hours of a Quality Engineer are 40 hours per week.
As a Quality Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet the quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Ensure incoming materials meet required quality standards. You will also be responsible for identifying and raising quality issues and for speedily resolving them to ensure zero impact to the customer. Support new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds. You will be working in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support. Some APQP work required from this role.
Key duties of a Quality Engineer
- Assist (as required) with quality-related issues within the manufacturing team (e.g. internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty)
- Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
- Carry out product and process auditing
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Stop production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (IATF16949/ISO9001)
- Write product test procedures
- Undertake special projects as required
- Assist with training of quality awareness
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Assist with first off sample approvals
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting customer requirements
- Participate in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) and have a technical mindset to review and identify gaps and opportunities.
- Lead Change Management activities and coordinate any associated reviews and activities.
- Lead quality audits
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Quality control of work by appropriate reviews (customer concern effectiveness audits)
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to customer base
- Plan projects or subtasks so they may be tracked and presented
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
Skills required as a Quality Engineer
DipQ or HNC an advantage but not essential
Proven experience in tier 1 or OEM automotive quality, preferably with at least two years at Quality engineer / senior quality engineer level.
Experience of multiple OEM’s beneficial – inclusive of JLR and VW Group.
Extensive audit experience, good working knowledge of IATF16949 and VDA standards. Lead Auditor status preferred
Previous experience of working within mould, assembly and aesthetic paint is an advantage
Extensive knowledge of core tools and GD&T principles is essential.
What’s in it for you?
- 33 days holiday (25 + BH)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Early finish on a Friday
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment, or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.