Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit enthusiastic, self-motivated Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMN) to join our multidisciplinary team based in Pontypridd, Wales. You will be working with service users who have mental health issues, bipolar/manic depression, challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and schizophrenia.
Key Responsibilities but not restricted too:
- You will be responsible for the assessment, implementation and evaluation of all relevant support plans for the service.
- Ensure all patients have a full support plan pathway in accordance with relevant standards.
- Ensure all staff work within the prescribed model of care, using PSB, recovery support plans, safety support plans and any other prescribed plans, to reduce restrictive interventions and facilitate consistency of care and building of therapeutic relationships.
- Ensure risk assessments are adhered to and incorporated into support plans.
- Provide direction and be a role model, facilitating best practice and best outcomes for patients.
- Lead and support therapeutic interventions as appropriate on an individual basis.
- Focus on recovery and effectively managing relapse as reflected within the recovery model support plans.
- Ensure patient records are factual, accurate and detail patients’ progress within clinical area.
- Prepare written reports for clinical reviews and to contribute to case conference reports.
- Clinically lead and support a team of support workers.
- Understand and adhere to all security requirements for the service, including attending/delivering training when required.
- Ensure a high standard of nursing care during procedures and treatments including the safe storage, administration and recording of medicines in accordance with Legislation, organisational and local policies and NMC Code of professional Conduct.
- Valid NMC Pin Number
- Demonstrates an understanding of person centred care
- Do you have experience working within secure/forensic settings
- Excellent communication skills, empathy, team player
Salary for this role is up to £35,000 depending on experience. Relocation package is available.
39.5 hour contract, shifts will include days, evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays. You will work 3 shifts one week and 4 shifts the next week. Part time hours may be considered.
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, with additional holidays for long service
- Life Insurance paid for death in service
- Career development opportunities
For more information about this exciting new role please call Leanne on 07976 174 199 or apply on line.