Responsible Individual – RI Role – Childrens Care Group – Covering Eastern Counties – South London – £60,000 – £80,000 PA plus package.
Our client has been operating since 2015 and successfully opened 10 Semi-independent Homes, 3 Children’s Homes and 1 Residential Family Assessment Centre. Our client takes pride in their team and their model to deliver holistic and complete services for children, young
people and families. Their homes provide a therapeutic environment with highly trained, qualified and experienced staff dedicated to supporting and caring for children.
The 3 Homes specialize in EBD, the Residential Family Assessment Centre can accommodate up to 5 Families with multiple needs and their Semi-independent supports 16-17 years old with 24/7 provisions.
The post-holder will have overall management responsibility for residential children’s homes, semi-independent accommodations, residential family centre and independent fostering agency operated within the company. The post holder will be instrumental to the Leadership Team and will play a key lead role in the expansion of the company by doubling the turnover within the next 3 years which includes the adventure into fostering and educational services.
As the Head of Operations for Residential Services you will report to the Board of Directors.
Salary Range between £60,000 to £80,000 – This will be negotiable based on experience.
Main Responsibilities and Key result areas
- To be the Ofsted registered Responsible Individual for designated services and act on behalf of the organisation to ensure that they meet relevant requirements set out in legislation.
- Provide highly effective leadership across the residential children’s home, semi-independent living accommodations and residential family centre.
- Manage and implement change to help grow the business.
- Display good commercial acumen to develop and produce operationally viable and cost-effective solutions to business development opportunities, developing and working on bids in line with legislation and customer specification.
- A strong commitment to the safeguarding, including Health & Safety, children, young people, families and staff in all services.
- Implement quality assurance practices to monitor and evaluate standards of the individual and of the team performance, to support the company to achieve its objective to continuously improve upon quality.
- Be responsible for reporting regularly on each designated residential Home to ensure that it fulfils its Statement of Purpose and function and is run in accordance with statute and the company policies, guidelines and instructions.
- Ensure full compliance with all external regulatory bodies.
- To provide regular formal and informal supervision and management of senior managers, encouraging professional development, completing and identifying training and staff development needs to ensure objectives are met.
- To provide effective leadership, management support and guidance to operational Registered Managers in the development of the Residential Services.
- Contribute to, and/or participate in, projects and initiatives associated with the functions of both their own area of service delivery and others as required.
- To ensure that the services needs are met through a strong emphasis on communication and participation.
- Rapid improvement of quality within assigned homes with sustainability planning for long term.
- Prepare detailed reports for Statutory and Case Reviews to a consistently high standard
- To participate in meetings and training events as required by line managers and Directors.
Knowledge / Education / Skills
- A sound working knowledge of the statutory requirements associated with the residential care of young people. This will include Children’s’ Homes Regulations, Residential Family Centres, Health and Safety legislation etc.
- Social Worker Degree/Equivalent. The role holder must have completed the full registration process and declared fit by Ofsted for each assignment to a home.
- Proven people management skills within a residential setting, including motivating, directing, delegating.
- Able to show how to implement approaches to simplify complex processes and make efficiencies and savings.
- Proven organisational and financial management skills
- Significant experience within leadership role in a multi-site organisation.
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Well established stakeholder relationships with a proven track record of running successful children’s residential care services and influencing change.
- Substantial recent experience of business partnership, relationship and facilitation management skills gained in a similar role.
- A strong background of successful residential children’s home management is essential, preferably with knowledge of Ofsted requirements, working in challenging environments and leading excellence in care.
- Turnaround experience in children’s homes and a successful problem solver.
- Achieved Good or Outstanding judgements in previous settings under their leadership.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £60,000.00-£80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chislehurst: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Are you OFSTED Registered?
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: One location