Major Recruitment are currently seeking a sales support executive for our client based in the Wakefield area.
Overall purpose of the role:
To be an active member of the Sales Support department, taking ownership for the full Customer sales journey from initial enquiry through to order acknowledgement, ensuring all requirements are processed accurately and efficiently.
Providing administrative support to both Internal and External Sales teams to build and nurture customer relationships and generate sustainable growth.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Act as a point of contact within the business for the full customer sales order journey, providing support to the wider Sales Support Department, Internal and External Sales Teams.
2. Be a team player, supporting and assisting colleagues and key stakeholders across the wider business as directed and as required.
3. Carry out all forms of communication in line with company expectations, taking the opportunity to build and maintain meaningful relationships with colleagues, key stakeholders and customers.
4. Demonstrate a professional, efficient but friendly telephone manner, overseeing calls relevant to the customer sales journey, or directing calls to the relevant staff member, taking accurate messages and ensuring these reach the intended recipient if unavailable.
5. Liaise with customers directly, via phone, email or other multimedia means, to accurately ascertain products requirements, identify solutions and provide pricing in line with the customer’s requirements and budget.
6. Generate and follow up quotation and process customer orders received, using the established business processes and systems, ensuring the accuracy of the information at all times.
7. Monitor the progress of each order to guarantee all customer requirements are met, ensuring any alterations necessary are discussed and confirmed where required with the Production Manager, Account Manager and Customer in a timely manner.
8. Display a confident ‘can-do’ attitude at all times, ensuring the customer’s needs are central to any work completed, creating a positive customer journey.
9. Fully understand the business systems in use, including but not limited to SAP, CRM and OE One.
10. Develop good product knowledge in order to handle customer enquiries, including a thorough understanding of BS regulations, Dangerous Goods Handling and other regulatory requirements, recognising the point at which to direct customers to the appropriate member of staff when a higher level of technical advice or information is required.
11. Develop a working knowledge of International trade requirements, including an understanding of HS Codes, Rules of Origin and Commercial Documentation needed for International trade.
12. Develop knowledge of the specific departmental and wider business processes.