Major Recruitment are currently recruiting for Sawyer Operatives for our client – the UK’s leading supplier of aluminium glazing systems and bespoke aluminium extrusions based in Bristol.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for maintaining a productive flow rate of material through the profile saw to maximise extrusion output and reduce production downtime. You will also be responsible for recording each profiles actual weight per meter.
Daily Duties and Responsisbilities:-
- Efficiently operate the profile saw providing the customers final cut to length product
- Inspect all material at the saw and remove any profiles with extrusion defects
- Record all data throughout the shift at the saw
- Ensure all health and safety legislation is achieved and maintained, including company safe working practices, personal protective equipment, housekeeping and relevant cosh regulations.
- All Material sawn must firstly be identified by a die print. You will be responsible for conducting and recording any final quality checks before the material is aged. These include correct length, convexity/concavity, dimensional, angularity, and surface finish.
- Removal and recording of any material found not to meet customer specifications
- You will also be responsible for any test pieces that need to be supplied with the order and that they are taken from the correct position. All swarf must be removed prior to sending the material to ageing.
- Stay in constant communication with the team throughout the shift, correct information is vital to be able to successfully carry out duties.
- Report all relevant information back the headman immediately so corrective action can be taken
Working Hours and Salary:-
- Working weekends, 24 hours in total
- Saturday Day Shift 06:30 to 18:30 and Sunday Night Shift 18:30 to 06:30
- £19.82 per hour including shift allowance and attendance bonus (£24,818.85 per annum)
- Overtime may also be available during the week days, which will significantly increase your annual earnings
Please click to apply