Do you have experience in managing challenging behaviour in a school or care setting? Are you interested in making a difference to young people from disadvantaged backgrounds?
School Staffing Solutions are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit in Croydon who are looking for teaching assistants to support young people aged 11-16. This setting supports students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs who can display challenging behaviour. These vulnerable young people have often experienced trauma through things such as abuse or neglect and struggle to regulate their emotions and behaviour.
The position will involve:
- Being able to build strong and trusting relationships.
- Be required to work with either small groups or on a 1:1 basis.
- Be resilient and support students to persevere through difficult situations.
There are opportunities for the role to become permanent after a qualifying period.
About the school:
- The school has small class sizes.
- They offer a broad and balanced range of subjects.
- The ensure an encouraging environment where each student is valued.
- They have a supportive team of staff that promote a safe and welcoming environment.
Daily rate is dependant on experience, training and qualifications. The minimum requirements for this position is:
- Relevant experience of working with children and young people.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07977 178199 for more information.