School Staffing Solutions are recruiting for a Primary trained Teacher to work in a specialist SEN school in Hampshire, North of Basingstoke. The school cater for children who are between 4- 19 years of age and specialise in providing exceptional teaching and care for learners with moderate to severe learning difficulties, specifically those with ASD with associated behavioural and/or communication needs.
The School offers a broad and structured curriculum which is differentiated according to each young person’s level of need. During the Primary phase pupils follow an adapted National Curriculum covering all subjects with an emphasis on Communication, Literacy , Numeracy and PSHE. As pupils move into Key stage 3 and 4 pupils continue their individual programmes and begin work towards lifelong skills.
SEN Primary Teacher:
As a Qualified Teacher you will have a proven outstanding teaching ability, to manage, lead and deliver curriculum within a classroom environment. The role will work within the diverse demands of the school whilst developing its recognised strengths and attributes.
- To carry out the professional duties covered by the latest School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
- The post holder will be expected to undertake duties in line with the professional standards for qualified teachers and uphold the professional code of the General Teaching Council for England.
- Teach a class of young people, and ensure that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs.
- Have significant experience of using recognised and appropriate teaching strategies for our students who have Special Educational Needs (SEN).
- Provide timely and accurate reports to all stakeholders including the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Governors (as required) and parents / carers.
- Keep accurate up to date records of assessments of learning and progress of each student and match against aspirational and appropriate targets.
- Maintain the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Work cohesively with key workers and the in house therapeutic team to follow care plans and assist in creating educational schemes of work.
- Provide the highest standards of professional practice and safeguarding.
Knowledge / Education / Skills
- Relevant QTS / PGCE
- Experience of working with pupils with Special Education Needs (SEN)
- An awareness and understanding of the needs of those pupils with specific SEN
- An excellent understanding of the approach to teaching, the theory and practice of learning and how this is influenced within a classroom environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional resilience
- Ability to effectively use information technology
- Ability to work as a member of a team and on their own initiative
- Experience of working within a Special Education School or in managing challenging behaviours would be an advantage
- Have significant experience of using recognised and appropriate teaching / learning strategies / styles for this group of learners
- Has a genuine desire to improve the life chances of our young people and to make a difference in people’s livess.
- Exclusive access to reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Pension scheme
Click apply today or get in touch for more information.
School Staffing Solutions act as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent roles and as an Employment Business for temporary opportunities.