School Staffing Solutions are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated person for the post of SEN Team Assistant. We are looking for someone who is an organised person to support the work of our SEN Team.
Salary range: £18,086 to £22,386 commensurate to experience.
Contract: Permanent contract; 37.5 hours per week; term time only.
- Collate, input and assess a range of data required to update the SEN records.
- To enter SEN data and create reports for pupil tracking.
- To develop systems for cross referencing this data and assist the SENCo to analyse it for SEN purposes.
- To develop and manage the SEN filing system (including emails, record of telephone conversations) the archiving, retrieval and disposing of SEN information as appropriate.
- To produce reports as required including individual letters to parents, arrange meetings, take minutes, respond to telephone calls and messages etc. for the SENCo.
- To attend meetings and take minutes as and when necessary.
- To assist in updating provision plans.
- Managing department timetables for individual therapists and pupils.
- Assist with the archiving and retention of documentation in adherence with regulations.
- Manage office stationery and stock.
- To provide miscellaneous administrative support for the school’s SENCo.
- Use software packages/systems including Microsoft and Arbor to produce documents.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of working within a busy team.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of working within a school setting.
- Experience of developing and managing SEN data system.
Essential Characteristics or clear ability to develop the following characteristics:
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- A patient and flexible attitude
- Ability to organise others within a team
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Consistency in attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work as part of a team and also in the use of initiative
- A creative approach to problem solving.
Essential Skills or clear ability to develop the following skills:
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- A confident telephone manner
- Excellent administrative skills
- An organised and methodical approach to work
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, databases and IT packages
- Ability to deal with parents/carers, Local Authorities and other outside agencies in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The successful applicant will be expected to adhere to the school’s policies and procedures, with particular reference to equal opportunities, child protection and safeguarding and all health and safety policies.
Any job offer will be conditional, subject to a full Enhanced disclosure clearance by DBS and confirmation by referees we are making a good appointment.
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07977178199 to discuss