Senior Business Development Manager
Home Based – South
£39,000-£46,000 & company car/allowance and generous unlimited bonus!
Permanent & Full Time 37.5 hrs per week
We are looking for a fearless and talented individual who can join our client’s journey to be the best that the postal and parcel industry has to offer. This is a super exciting and rare opportunity with a household name that we guarantee you’ll recognise.
As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will create and build a pipeline of prospective customers and convert those prospects into International customers. The role also supports and develops an existing international client-base across the entire business. You will plan and prioritise sales activity (e.g. tenders/pitches) to bring on new customers, across multiple sectors and verticals to contribute to our clients international growth strategy.
Responsibilities of a Senior Business Development Manager:
- Deliver agreed targets (e.g. revenue, margin, volume) with agreed budget to meet the wider requirements of the business
- Generate leads and follow up on leads received from other sources, internal (e.g. telesales, website, mailings) or external
- Achieve assigned activity goals and other defined targets for the territory or group of potential customers/accounts as agreed with the reporting manager
- Where required, support account management with international existing and new business
- Make formal tender and new business presentations in order to secure new business wins
- Develop prospective customer and/or sector specific plans, including a contact plan, to deliver agreed targets
- Ensure correct information/data is provided for billing purposes and facilitate prompt payment by customers once invoiced
- Liaise with all necessary internal colleagues to optimise service quality and customer satisfaction including the resolution of service and invoice queries
- Provide accurate and timely internal reports (e.g. activity, forecasts), both regular and ad-hoc
- Conduct sales calls, carry out pre-call planning and preparation, and develop a self-analytical approach in order to identify learning areas from each call
This Senior Business Development Manager role would suit candidates with skills or experience in the following areas: Sales, account management, client support, customer service, service reviews, stakeholders, client relationship, partner manager, BDM, new business.
Package & Benefits:
- Generous unlimited bonus
- Company car or car allowance
- Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement, starting at 31 days (including public holidays)
- Flexible working
- Access to their prestige Benefits and Rewards portal
- Long service rewards: both financial and leave based
- Health cash plan
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Access to a well-established Employee Assistance Programme provider
- And other excellent benefits you’d expect from a market leader
Essential skills for the role:
- Experience in the postal industry and related competitive marketplace
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, including ability to analyse data, draw relevant conclusions, and make recommendations to customers
- Advanced knowledge of international postal and parcel industry as well as knowledge of any specific market sectors (e.g. banking, ecommerce, public sector, energy)
- In-depth knowledge of our clients products and services
- Fluency software operating systems, such as MS Office and customer relationship management systems
PLEASE APPLY AND GET IN CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION!
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities.