A Senior Embedded Software Engineer is sought by an established technology company in County Durham
As a member of the software development team you will work on New Product Development, helping release world class products as part of the company’s exciting product roadmap.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows: –
- Developing new products and technology and supporting current products.
- Mentoring early career engineers, helping to develop their career and increase their skillset and experience.
- Managing workload to ensure delivery to the defined time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Interdepartmental support as required.
- Planning projects, tasks and completing of all administrative tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Developing long-term relationships with key suppliers and consultants.
- Deliver updates and project presentations to all stakeholders, including to board level as required.
- Participating in training, conferences, and trade shows. Keeping up to date with latest relevant technology and product markets.
- Support Engineering team and product management colleagues globally to ensure customers of released products receive excellent service.
- Contribute to the engineering team improvement targets.
To succeed in this role you will need experience of Embedded Software development (using C/ C++), good project planning skills and have developed junior members of staff. You will also have experience in continual improvement of process and working to ensure best practice in software development is followed. You will need the ability to self-manage with strong organisational skills, be a team player and be flexible & adaptable to change. Strong verbal /written communication skills are essential as the ability to write technical reports, research papers and patents as required.
A Further Education Qualification (BEng or above) is desirable but not essential in an appropriate field. Qualifications may be in electronic engineering, software engineering, computer science, physics, or biomedical physics.
PATHWAY TO SUCCESS
If you would like to work in a dynamic, energetic and moving environment with high levels of staff engagement, good technical and professional development opportunities and the ability to work on market-leading projects please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV