What’s in it for the Service & Breakdown Controller?
- A competitive salary: up to £26,000
- 24 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent development opportunities
- Additional days holidays with service up to 29 days
- Birthday holiday
- Purchase additional holidays
- Dental and healthcare schemes
- Cycle to work
- Death in service
- A Turkey at Christmas
- Excellent benefit package
My client is well established, industry leading national service company. With sites based in the UK, they have seen year on year success, with further growth plans for 2022. They offer a range of services from logistics supply to storage. This has given the company opportunities to service a multitude of sectors, with a client base stretching across the globe. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service & Breakdown Controller to join their team on a Permanent basis.
This opportunity gives a Service & Breakdown Controller the chance to work with one of the most respected companies in the UK. They offer not only an excellent package, but more importantly in todays world, job security.
The Service & Breakdown Controller’s Primary responsibility is to provide an efficient daily breakdown service, including the authorization of maintenance and mechanical repairs for all vans, recommending payment for suppliers invoice and keeping costs to a minimum without affecting standards.
Service & Breakdown Main Duties:
- Ensuring that breakdowns, repair and maintenance services are controlled and costed within safe, legal, and service orientated limits under the guidance of the Service & Support Manager
- Initiating breakdown assistance with appropriate urgency, making sure that the rental branch and operator are kept informed of developments
- Advising on or authorising repairs and servicing to Company fleet vans and other associated equipment, e.g. tail lifts and refrigerated units, as well as organising and authorising tyre repairs and replacements. Each request requires checking against the asset’s maintenance record prior to issuing order numbers to ensure that the repair is necessary and/or not a warranty or potential failure caused by the previous repairer or accident damage rechargeable to the customer
- Exercising your judgement in disputed liability cases, ensuring that whatever the outcome, vehicles meet all Safety and Department of Transport legislation before being released from workshops
- Following the documented procedures to ensure that all cases of warranty are administrated correctly
- Maintaining awareness of customers that have specific service agreements, therefore, major problems with contract vehicles must be notified to Contract Operations personnel
- Agreeing financial and time limits on repairers, based on manufacturers standard times and your own experience
- Entering each repair/service onto the computer using appropriate component codes. Items which need repair due to driver misuse or damage must be referred to the relevant departments notified to process claims
- Assisting with the organisation and control of the stores area at Milton Keynes, assisting with special projects and supporting other departments as required
Service & Breakdown Role Requirements:
- Previous experience within a logistics administration role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to confidently communicate to a broad range of customers within commercial and retail sectors
- The job holder must have high attention to detail
- The job holder should ideally have a resilient nature
- Ongoing training will be provided on all systems