Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated Staff Nurse to work both days and nights. You will be joining our excellent nursing team based in Mirfield, West Yorkshire. We offer nursing and residential care for adults who have a wide range of specialist health needs. We have our own multi-disaplinary team on site.
Key Responsibilities but not restricted too:
- Organise and assist in the care of the service users’ physical environment and in the general day to day activities of the home.
- Act as a primary nurse for the service users you support by assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating nursing care.
- Responsible for the handling, storage, issue, administration and disposal of all medicines on the night shift in line with documented procedures, and to maintain the necessary records
- Assist staff in helping residents to prepare to get up or for bed, as and when required.
- Act upon instructions from the Registered Manager regarding specific tasks to be carried out during the day.
- Ensure all service users have a full care plan pathway in accordance with relevant CQC standards.
- Ensure risk assessments are adhered to and incorporated into care plans.
- Monitor and control residents’ nutritional and dietary requirements.
- Carry out regular checks on service users throughout the day, according to set intervals and with due regard to the individual wishes and appropriate Risk Assessments.
- Answer promptly all nurse alarm calls, assessing each situation and dealing with anyone who is seeking help.
- Monitor service users conditions, and report any changes to the Registered Manager as necessary.
- Read and write reports, and participate in staff and service user meetings as appropriate.
- Valid NMC Pin Number
- A full understanding of person centered care planning
- Excellent clinical skills including PEG and tracheostomy
- Experince working with adults who have complex care needs and learning disabilities.
We have 2 permanent 37.5 hour contracts available. Shift pattern is 3 weeks of days and 1 week of nights.
Shift Times: 7am-2:30pm, 2pm-9:30pm or 21:15-07:15am
Salary is up to £36,075 depending on experience.
- Pension 7%
- Career development
- Employee Portal
- Award winning training
- Paid breaks
- Additional Annual Leave day each year
- Free Parking
For more information about this exciting new role please call Leanne on 0151 665 0590 or 07940 747 500 or apply on line.