Major Recruitment- Castle Donington
Major Recruitment are looking to hire an experienced Steel Fixer due to the rapid growth of our client’s business based in Alfreton.
As a Steel Fixer you will be experienced and confident in producing the Precast concrete products, install and tie together steel bars and mesh that are used to strengthen concrete on construction projects.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the requirements of quality, efficiency whilst adhering to H&S regulations.
- Ability to operate onsite machinery.
- Able to competently decipher simple drawings.
- Carry out inspections on your work to ensure it matches the drawing plans.
- Tie rebar reinforcement bars together with wire, clips, or welds to build up sections.
- Fit spacer supports and fix wooden formwork and shuttering that holds setting concrete in place.
- Secure steel to concrete bases.
Desirable key skills and experiences:
- Experience in a previous role as a Steel Fixer / Welder (desirable but will accept recently qualified)
- Bar Cutting and Bending (awareness of British Standards and Euro Code limits)
- Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawings (Specifically Bar Schedules and Shape Codes)
- Angle Grinder/Abrasive Wheels (training provided)
- No CSCS card required
Schedule and Pay
- 07:00AM- 15:00PM
- Monday – Friday
- £12 Per Hour (Negotiable based on industry experience)
- Bus route / easily asccessible
- Development and Progression
- Negotiable wage based on experience
- No weekends
- Amazing Health and safety standards
- Well presented safe environment
- Full Induction and continuous training