Major Recruitment are currently recruiting for Stretcher Operatives on a permanent basis for our client – the UK’s leading supplier of aluminium glazing systems and bespoke aluminium extrusions based in Bristol.
The purpose of the role is to co-ordinate the cooling and batching areas during the production process, conduct regular quality checks on each profile extruded and correctly stretch all material ensuring molecular re-alignment (work hardening) has occurred.
Daily Duties and responsibilities:-
- Ensure all health and safety legislation is achieved and maintained, including company safe working practices, personal protective equipment, housekeeping and relevant COSH regulations.
- Complete regular quality checks and provide samples throughout the extrusion run. Conduct dimensional, convexity/concavity and angularity checks before, during and after stretching the profile.
- Monitor and inspect the surface finish throughout each run.
- Provide a consistent service to the profile saw, continually maximising batches whenever possible to eliminate production downtime due to full tables.
- Regularly communicate with team members. This is critical for customer requirements to be achieved correctly. I.e. alloys, lengths, temper and scrap identification.
- On completion of training, you will be responsible for control of machine movements and operations. You may occasionally be asked to provide training to other employees after a satisfactory time served.
- You must have good knowledge/understanding of B.S.I tolerances and be able to identify any potential non-conformity early on in the extrusion process so corrective action can be taken
- A good level of communication skills are essential for this position
Working Hours and Salary:-
- Working weekends, 24 hours in total
Saturday Day Shift 06:30 to 18:30 and Sunday Night Shift 18:30 to 06:30
£19.82 per hour including shift allowance and attendance bonus (£24,818.85 per annum)
Overtime may also be available during the week days, which will significantly increase your annual earnings
Please click to apply