My Telford based client is currently recruiting for an experienced Supply Chain Manager, this role is full time and permanent.
Competitive salary – dependent on experience
25 days + bank holidays
- Create the company’s supply chain strategy.
- Analyse data from shipping and delivering processes to find bottlenecks and other issues.
- Ensure that the team are meeting relevant KPIs and conduct corrective actions to ensure adherence if required.
- Evaluate and report on KPIs.
- Monitor logistics to make sure they run smoothly.
- Maintain supply chain inventory and records.
- Train and guide employees.
- Find cost-effective solutions for supply chain processes.
- Resolve issues in relation to deliveries.
- Collaborate with other departments to create coordinated plans for business growth.
- Develop and implement safety guidelines in all aspects of the supply chain (e.g., use of trucks, forklifts).
- Ensure supply chain processes meet legal requirements and standards.
- Communicate and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to ensure the best possible agreement in terms of costs.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience as a supply chain manager or similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain processes.
- Working experience of MRP software.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving.
- A strategic and analytical mind.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or similar.
We will carefully consider your application and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 3 working days. If you do not hear from us within this time, your details won’t be retained. If you’re not successful on this occasion please continue to apply to future roles we advertise.
Major Recruitment are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward. We are located in thriving Telford, and we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire, North Wales and Wolverhampton. Major Recruitment specialise in industrial, commercial, driving and technical recruitment.