Mother and Baby/Toddler Support Workers in Durham wanted for immediate start!
Why join the Major Healthcare family?
Major Healthcare Newcastle, a rapidly growing division of Major Recruitment (est. 1992) are a national leading health and social care agency specialising in the provision of professional temporary and permanent staff.
We enable you to use your experience in a wide variety of settings across the North East supporting those who are most vulnerable, while maintaining the flexibility of working in line with your availability.
As a Mother and Baby/Toddler Support Worker you will be expected to deliver a high standard of support across various settings; supported by a team of healthcare professionals, empower service users to maintain as much independence as possible, and ensure all daily living activities are met to the highest standard of person centred care.
We supply Children’s Support Workers to a range of clients, in settings including; residential, educational, independent living, mental health, community and specialist units
Main duties include:
- Working as part of a team of Child and Adolescent Support Workers to deliver excellent standards of person-centred care
- Develop positive relationships with other professionals, clients, and most importantly; the service users
- Act professionally and responsibly on shift, alongside the management team of the services
- Carry out all practical duties as required by services, ensuring customers are treated with respect and dignity
- Report any concerns to management within the service
- confidence in carrying our personal care requirements
- 6-12 months experience and preferably qualifications within the health and social care sector
- Be reliable and professional
- Preferably in date practical restraint training e.g. PMVA , MAPA.
- Preferably experienced with non verbal service users and using BSL, Makaton etc.
- Experience in working with complex needs and challenging behaviours
- Preferably hold a current, transferable DBS (registered on the update service)
- Approach employment as a Children and Young Person’s Support Worker in a ‘hands-on’ way and be willing to work as team
- Preferably hold a clear driving licence, with access to a vehicle (or willing to travel to via public transport)
What can Major Healthcare offer you?
- Flexible hours to fit in with your lifestyle and commitments
- Holiday accrual
- Discounts for various high street retailers and supermarkets, via our staff app
- Free training/refresher training
- Opportunities for career progression