School Staffing Solution are working with a school who require an experienced and qualified teacher who has the ability to make a significant contribution to the school by leading small classes of pupils from Key Stages 2 and 3 delivering a number of subjects across the curriculum.
The successful candidate will be an innovative, reflective practitioner who can demonstrate a willingness to adapt and learn. Ideally, you will have knowledge and experience in working with children from SEMH schools. They are looking for an individual with high expectations and standards who can offer excellent behavioural management skills.
This position offers the opportunity to develop and grow a career. They hire based on attitude and train for skills.
Salary: Commensurate to experience.
Start Date: Easter 2023 or sooner depending on availability.
The school is situated on the edge of the New Forest in Hampshire. It benefits from extensive grounds, a wide selection of specialist buildings and workshops together with extensive sporting facilities.
The school creates opportunities for pupils to contribute to the wider community and an enviable range of outdoor, sporting, and recreational ventures provide strong incentives to participate in and beyond the classroom. Our model of living and working encourages pupils to develop active, participating and contributing membership of their home communities and society in general.
It is an exciting time to join as they begin to implement their new Development Plan. Pupil numbers are expanding and they need highly motivated staff to join their committed team.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Understanding of the Teachers’ Standards in all aspects of the work.
- Experience in assessment, planning and delivery of the Key Stage 2 & 3 curriculum is essential.
- Teaching experience – pre or post-qualification.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Awareness of the nature of pupils with special educational needs in relation to social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
- Experience of working in a SEMH school setting.
- Knowledge of current DfE regulations and guidance.
- A developing knowledge of the curriculum issues beyond subject specialism, taking account of the changing needs of pupils.
- Qualifications, skills and/or experience in offering engaging and worthwhile sports, recreational or outdoor activities to supplement and enhance your contribution to this special setting.
- Evidence of recent and relevant further professional development.
To apply for the role send your CV to email@example.com or call 07977178199 to discuss