Location: Meldreth, Nr Royston, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Salary: £11.00 – £12.00 per hour (£19,654.80 – £21,441.60 actual salary) depending on experience and qualifications
Hours: Full time – 40 hrs per week, Mon – Fri. Term time only
School Staffing Solution are worrking on behalf of an independent Special day school which provides a highly specialist learning environment for students aged 6 to 19 who have a range of MLD and SLD needs including autism spectrum disorders, ADHD and associated difficulties, who require an individualised, specialist approach.
Many of the students have complex medical needs and sensory/ physical impairments. The students are supported to manage sensory overload, anxiety, low self-esteem, low confidence, and difficulty with transitions which is often demonstrative through their behaviours.
- Being part of an accredited highly skilled specialist team
- Being part of a growing team with shared values and vision
- Opportunities for meaningful career development
- Fully funded training and qualifications
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- Perk Box- offering high street discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Bike to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Be crucial in supporting students with their learning, development and progress in all areas of the curriculum within a range of learning contexts
- Help young people with a range of needs, including PMLD, complex medical conditions and autism to achieve their educational and personal goals
- Support an environment that fosters equality, diversity and the rights of all young people to be seen as learners and be treated with respect
- Place an emphasis on support and empowerment of young people
- Develop a greater understanding of Special Education issues and demonstrate these in all aspects of the role
- Provide high quality support in all aspects of the role
- The role may require participation in physical intervention and personal care routines
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Willing and able to work towards getting formal qualifications, attend training and to take responsibility for your own development – All fully funded.
- Passionate and show compassion for children and young people with additional needs
- Ambitious and determined to overcome barriers to learning
- A lover of the outdoor and community learning
- Capable of having a vision to see potential rather than disability
- Committed fully to safeguarding values and procedures
- Proactive, rather than reactive
- Creative thinkers with solution focus
- Able to work supportively as a team member and confidentially when working independently, within a range of settings
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in relation to the students communication needs
- Able to understand and deliver effective education and support in line with identified needs
- Educated to at least level 4 (or equivalent) Maths and English
If you are interested in this role please apply today!
“School Staffing Solutions act as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent roles and as an Employment Business for temporary opportunities”.