School Staffing Solutions are recruiting for Teaching Assistants on behalf of a special needs provision based in Hillingdon, London that support learners aged 16-25 with moderate learning difficulties.
This role is temporary to permanent position so after 12 weeks you would go onto a direct contract with the provision.
The role will involve supporting learners with employability skills such as Hospitality and Catering, Horticulture and functional skills in maths and English.
Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Department (Horticulture, Catering, Life Skills, or Functional Skills)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, 09:00-16:00
About the role supporting young people:
- To work with the tutor to establish an appropriate learning environment.
- To work with the tutor on lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lesson/work plans as appropriate.
- To monitor and evaluate learners’ responses to learning activities through observations and planned recording of achievement against learning objectives.
- To use specialist skills to support learners’ learning such as PECS, Makaton, symbols and iPads.
- To assist with the development, implementation and evaluation of learning programmes and individual work plans.
- To prepare and assist in the preparation of the classroom, resources and equipment.
- To establish productive working relationships with learners acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Communicating with learners with varying degrees of speech and language difficulties, using communicative system/equipment where necessary.
- To promote inclusion and acceptance of all learners within the classroom
- To support learners consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- To encourage learners to interact and work co-operatively with others whilst engaging in activities.
- To promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and acknowledge achievement and self-reliance.
- To provide feedback to learners in relation to progress and achievement and to provide accurate, evidenced and objective feedback and reports to the tutor.
- To be responsible for keeping and updating records with the tutor and other staff, contributing to reviews as requested.
- To liaise with external agencies (such as SALT, OT and Physio) and follow their advice for safety, learning and therapy programmes, as appropriate.
- Experience working with young people with learning difficulties
- Experience working as a 1:1 TA/LSA for a young person with SEN
- Mentoring and support experience is desireable
- Working with groups of young people in holiday / after school clubs
- Proactive, self-motivated, can-do attitude
- Accreditation or qualification in Special Educational Needs
- Enhanced DBS clearance
- Able to use Makaton, Widget, PECS, Proloqo2go
- Clean Driving Licence and own transport (they are not easily accessible by public transport)
This is role will be very rewarding and will help learners get out into the world of work. If this Teaching Assistant role in Hillingdon is of interest then apply to today!
If you have any questions or would like to find out more then please call Jennifer on 07977 178199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org