Major Recruitment are delighted to be exclusivley recruiting for a national food distributor who are seeking a Technical And Health & Safety Manager for their Leciester site located in LE4.
Duties and tasks will include:
- To ensure that the site maintains the highest standards in compliance with the BRCGS Global Food Safety Standard.
- To meet and exceed all customer technical demands building relationships throughout the customer base.
- To be a key member of the management team at Parker Fine Foods delivering an efficient, profitable and successful business performance.
- To take and escalate appropriate action where the factory is unable to meet procedures on our KPI’s on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People or there is a perceived risk to the brand
- Safety is a condition! To ensure that there is a culture of safety within the site that works to protect all employees.
- To ensure that the site complies with all the relevant Health and Safety requirements.
- To implement a Health and Safety system that is effective yet remains proportional to the size of the business.Food Safety – to ensure that at all times our food is produced in a safe and hygienic manner.To work with other resources / team members within the business to ensure the following:Supplier Quality Assurance – are we getting what we should be getting?Customer Satisfaction – standards are championed for all finished products on the factory floor.
Candidates weclome to apply for the role will ideally be educated to degree standard; MUST HAVE FOOD INDUSTRY TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE; good communication and team building skills; a good working knowledge of HACCP and the BRCGS Global Food Safety Standard, meat industry regulations and food labelling plus be familiar with retailer specification portals. They will also have a sound working knowledge of the Health and Safety requirements for small manufacturing operations.
Hours of work are 40 per week and parking is available.