Just FMCG are proud to be working on an Exclusive Retained basis with this Dairy based in Somerset, to sauce for them permanent Technical Manager.
The Lubborn Creamery has been making soft cheeses for over 30 years and was the first British creamery to master the art of making soft mould brie-style cheeses.
Their milk is collected from dedicated local farms in the West Country to guarantee the highest quality and freshness. Cricket St Thomas offers a very selective range of Brie, Camembert and Goat’s cheese that offer a great and creamy taste.
The successful applicant will have 8 heads working underneath them and will also oversea the Hygiene function. You will be joining an established and successful senior leadership team and will have the scope to progress the Technical Function as required.
Overall responsibility for the provision of defined technical services and food safety & quality management systems to the site in co-operation with other members of the management team
Key Purposes of the Job
To deliver food safety and quality assurance for the products manufactured and packed on site
To ensure that products manufactured on the site comply with UK Regulations
To implement, develop and maintain the Company’s Food Safety & Quality Management System in accordance with BRC Global Standard for Food, FSSC22000 standard & customer food manufacturing standards, codes of practice and protocols.
To manage the overall management of the on-site Laboratories and technical team
To promote food safety & quality awareness within the management team and all staff.
To manage the Lactalis central quality relationship regarding product safety, quality and manufacturing practices
To work in collaboration with Lactalis personnel and the site management team on all new product launches/renovations to ensure product safety, quality and legality requirements are considered
To cultivate a continual improvement/ lean manufacturing culture throughout the site
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that all activities with regards to product safety, quality and legality deliver continuous improvement.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the food safety & quality activities at site and is responsible for making decisions with regards product safety, quality and legality
- Responsible for maintaining BRC certification, CLAS and customer standards at the higher levels and instilling the principles into the culture of the company
- To act as Food Safety team leader.
- A member of the crisis management team and acts as Crisis Manager for the site product recall and withdrawal procedure
- To prepare and maintain a schedule for internal audits.
- Manages Lactalis, BRC, customer and other quality audits as required.
- To manage the sites HACCP food safety system
- Liaison with Campden BRI and Leatherhead Food International and other technical advisors.
- Liaison with Lactalis UK Group quality department in relation to food safety & quality matters and customer requirements
- Maintain company contact with local authorities including Environmental Health, Trading Standards, DEFRA and the FSA.
- To ensure that the technical requirements of any process and factory changes are considered and to be proactive in the review of cost reduction and quality improvement projects
- Accept responsibility for their own personal and professional development in keeping with the needs of the company and the department
- Accept responsibility for the development and training of direct reports within the department to achieve continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a commitment to their own health and safety and that of others in keeping with the company health and safety statement and policies.
- Integrate health, safety and environmental management throughout all operations, monitoring performance and ensuring corrective actions are taken as required
- Undertake such other reasonable tasks commensurate with the role that may from time to time be allocated.
- To demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
To learn more about this opportunity please apply and one of our team will be in touch for a confidential conversation.