Description: Technical Writer
Hours: 7.00am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Collaborate with Design, Research and Development, Production and other stakeholders to obtain an in-depth understanding of the process and the documentation requirements.
- Circulate technical information in easy-to-understand language for a non-technical audience.
- Become familiar with technology architecture, design, and implementation requirements.
- Create software documentation after a thorough collaboration with subject matter specialists and technical staff.
- Help other writers in creating documentation.
- Ability to take existing and potential content and improve it.
- Convert complex documentation to easy language for multiple audiences.
- Create product manuals with screenshots and tutorials.
- Communicate complex ideas in a concise manner.
Experience/ Role Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related disciplines.
- Experience in automotive production would be advantageous .
- 4+ years of proven experience in writing technical documentation.
- Understand and explain complex technical concepts.
- Ability to undertake multiple projects and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Good time management, organisational, and decision-making skills.
- 20 days holiday in the first year, 25 thereafter plus all bank holidays
- Auto enrolment
- Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Death In service
If you are interested in this vacancy please “apply” below.
To follow up on your application call Major Recruitment on 01254 920800.