Major Recruitment are currently recruiting for a transport load co-ordinator with a forklift counterbalance and combi lift license, on a permanent full time basis for our client – the UK’s leading supplier of aluminium glazing systems and bespoke aluminium extrusions based in Bristol.
The role will require the organisation and readiness of customer orders in to loads, in a date & route order, you will work as part of a team that have a varying scope of work in and around the yard. Involving but not limited to – Vehicle Loading & Unloading. You will be responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of organisation and drive forward with a right place mentality.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Forklift Counterbalance & Combi Lift
- Cool Under Pressure with excellent communication skills & able to Multi-Task and Ability to meet critical
- Continually protect and promote the image of the Brand.
- Physically agile.
- The individual must have a level of physical fitness to enable them to carry out regular daily lifting.
- Ability to perform tasks of a physical nature (often demanding) including twisting and stooping.
- Working outdoors in all-weather types
Daily Duties & responsibilities:-
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, be responsible for the safe use of equipment and for the correct compliance of the departments risk assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
- Report near miss, accidents and safety improvements to line management.
- Compile a Stillage Plan for each route and hand it in to the Network Planner each working day.
- Complete a written box count, once picking is complete, for each trunked route.
- Prepare loads for the trunked routes as required. This will include wrapping stillages, consolidating & wrapping pallets and producing a written “hub summary” for each trunk & “Drop Boxes.
- Split or Consolidate Loads/Stillages as per the current load plan provided by the Network Planner.
- Load/Unload vehicles as required. This will include Route vehicles, Trunk Vehicles, Customer collections, Supplier transports and 3rd party contractors.
- Move goods between the despatch area and the Loading area as required.
- Assist with customer collections as required.
- Assist with moving deliveries/stores into the warehouse when required.
- Debrief returning drivers when necessary including downloading the Driver Digi Card.
- Assist when available with the unloading of vehicles for the Stores Department and Liaise with the Network planners reference the collection and loading of Doors and Panels.
- Ensure drivers remove and correctly discard of any waste returned to site.
- Communicate positively and effectively with the Transport, Warehouse and Stores personnel on any issues arising.
- Ensure rolling stock of stillages by ensuring a “right place, right time” function to reduce yard congestion.
- Drive a “Clean as You Go” culture to minimise rubbish migration around the yard and area. Monitoring the designated yard area for cleanliness and action as required – report to managers where required.
- Notify the need for any arising maintenance and repairs that may be needed.
- Assist and cover other roles within the department during holiday and sickness.
- Be vigilant for any spillages or other environmentally impactful events that could occur.
- Ensure movement of Trucks within the yard to minimise congestion and present vehicles when ready to load.
- Act as relief driver when required and maintain legal compliance regarding licences & qualifications.
- A flexible working approach will be expected, overtime out of the normal working week will be required.
Salary & Hours Of Work:-
£23,171.20 per annum plus 50p per hour attendance allowance taking annual salary to £24,211.20
Overtime will be available
40 Hours per week on a 3-week pattern:
- 06:00 – 14:00 Monday – Friday (1/2 hr break) or
- 08:00 – 16:00 Monday – Friday (1/2 hr break) or
- 10:00 – 18:00 Monday – Friday (1/2 hr break)
- Plus 07:00 – 11:00 every 3rd Saturday
Please click to apply