£52,500-£57,500, DOE + Car Allowance + Holidays + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Senior UK Group Transport Manager, for one of our Warrington based Nationally known Clients, in their newly built facility. Having been in the industry for over 100 years, they are well very established selling over 500 products across the UK!
Our client is moving to a new state-of-the-art facility which we expect to be fully operational in 2023. Based in Warrington, this facility will be built to their own custom needs and specifications needed to fulfil the demands across the entire group. The over 150,000sqft building will serve as the new head office and offer cold storage and distribution solutions closer to their factory in Liverpool, allowing a more efficient supply chain.
Their unique company structure utilises a vertical supply chain, sourcing primary raw material from all over the world for processing and packing in our UK factories
The role has one direct report within the transport department. The Company operates from various depots across the UK which will require some travelling to ensure the smooth operation of each of the depot’s fleets.
A large part of the role is ensuring the company gets ‘value for money’ in all areas of transport spend and utilisation capacity, with a view to investigate ways in which to reduce costs whilst maintaining service levels.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Maintain all aspects of the Company “O” licence and FORS accreditation.
- Ensure regular depot transport compliance audits are carried out by self and your team and report accordingly.
- Continually monitor vehicle maintenance and operating costs, the preparation and circulation of regular reports to senior management / Board level if required.
- Maintenance and operator`s licence compliance.
- Identify and deliver solutions that meet all health, safety, and environmental operational requirements (e.g., vehicle specifications).
- Ensure all group vehicles and plant fleet is updated on Motor Insurance Database (MID).
- Ensure all vehicle related policies and procedures are kept up to date.
- Negotiate insurance repairs in accordance with the company thresholds for the purposes of obtaining the best possible price and where necessary obtain comparative pricing.
- Maintain and keep up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, i.e., safety, driver hours, tachograph etc. to ensure a safe working environment.
- Advise drivers and staff on vehicle and legislative compliance.
- Management, processing, handling and correspondence of speeding enforcement, penalties and parking fines.
- Maintain general Transport Operating guidelines for the Group, as required
- Ensure upkeep and maintenance of vehicle/ fleet databases.
- Organise temporary hire vehicles where necessary.
- Manage FTA tachograph operations and ensure compliance.
- Ensure any new legislation and changes to existing legislation is updated in a timely manner to ensure compliance.
- Maintain the Transport schedules and highlight any deficiencies and scope for improvement.
- Pro-actively manage and control the Group’s Operator’s Licence including satisfactory OCRS.
- Ensure compliance to our current FORS Silver accreditation.
- Maintain database of vehicle repair costs and subsequent reporting to senior management.
- Responsible for the specification of new commercial vehicles and to work closely with the procurement department in the sourcing of new vehicles.
- Preparation and presentation of Capital Expenditure reports relating to vehicle procurement.
What experience are we looking for?
- Business “O” License Holder
- CPC Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Transport Manager
- Overall maintenance costs for fleet to budget
- Flexibility will be required in the role due to multiple sites
- M.A.R.T methodical working
- Lean Six Sigma (Desirable)
- Capability to advise and motivate team to deliver results for the business
- 6S knowledge to drive Standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, in particular MS Excel. IT literate including MS Office.
- Strong analytic ability in review data and reports
- £52,500-£57,500 Per Annum
- Company Car Allowance
- Free onsite parking.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Company pension